January 22, 2009

October

October was filled with mainly school and work. After a month of school, we have gotten into our semester routines. My drives to Provo seem to get longer and longer, especially since it is starting to stay darker for longer in the mornings. Alex is taking Organic chemistry which sucks up a lot of his time.

The first weekend, my family came up for Conference. It was so fun, and went too fast!!! For the second year in a row, we got to spent time with our friend Karin Rowan. Friday I went down and met the fam in Provo and we did the BYU thing. Then mom and I did some shopping at University mall then headed up to Salt Lake where I met Alex for his mission reunion. I left that early and mom and I went to Trolley Square. When Alex was done, the three of us ate at Cafe Trio in Salt Lake! SO YUMMY! We even got to share a Creme Brulee. Saturday we went to conference and the boys went to priesthood while the girls waited at Gateway. After, we went to S. Salt lake to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (dad's favorite) with the Francis family, but the wait was soooo long. So we ended up at TGIFriday's which was almost as good. Saturday night, Even though there was enough sleeping space for Joel and Rae in the hotel room, they decided to join Alex, Karin, and I at my apartment. Karin got the couch, Rachel was on the floor, and Joel made a bed under the table. Sophie ditched our bed that night and got comfy on Joel's chest under the table. Sunday we did the Little America Brunch where we saw the Masters, Cowdells, and Francis fam. Then we said goodbye and we were back to real life.

Thankfully, we got to end October with Halloween. Alex and I helped out with the Halloween party where we had soup with bread bowls and did a trunk or treat, which was cut a little short by a little rain. Afterwards we went up the the Drakes and ate doughnuts with the family. For both events we were dressed as a couple from the 20's. We had our own clothes already so all we had to do was find a hat and a wig :) Easy cheesy

1 comment:

Logan and Kelsey said...

Oh my gosh! You guys looked so cute! It is weird seeing you with DARK SHORT hair, but you still look beautiful!

It's nice to see an update!