May 17, 2009

1 Year Down...A lot to go!

As of yesterday, Alex and I have been married over a year! While it has gone fast, it seems like it was just yesterday. Crazy how time flies when you're having fun! This year has included an apartment, a pet, tennis, school, more school, work, more work, play, more play, lots of good and bad food, and everything else you could ask of your first year.


For our anniversary, Alex took the day off of MCAT studying. He went RC flying with his dad in the morning (yes, I'm a good wife) then met me at the movie theater for Wolverine. Then we met up with his cousin and her husband who is a massage therapist. He taught us the basics and demonstrated with free massages! SWEET. Then we went to the drive-in and saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was my first drive-in experience and it was SOOO fun. I think year number 2 will have many more :)

Ok...now for the cutest part. I told Alex he didn't have to get any presents or anything. All I wanted was for him to find a song that had meaningful lyrics about me, or us, or whatever mushy cute stuff he wanted. This guy went above and beyond and burned me a whole CD! It's amazing. Here are some of my favorites!

I'd Give You the Moon - Jake Coco
You and I - Ingrid Michaelson
Colors - April Smith (my song to him)
Lucky - Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz
Question - Old 97
Angel - Jack Johnson (our first dance)
Gotta Have You - The Weepies
Lullaby - Jack Johnson and Matt Costa
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
The Minnow & The Trout - A Fine Frenzy
Bleu for You - Jake Coco
Stick By You - Andrew Lipke
Waiting On an Angel - Ben Harper


I love you Alex! Thanks for a perfect first year!

3 comments:

Gentry Fam said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jeener Beener said...

Hey I just found your blog! I didn't know you had one. Let's be blog buddies!!! Oh and congrats to you and Alex!

Chrissy said...

Happy belated Anniversary! Haha, cute post.